What a wonderful surprise!
Littlejenmo of ThinkJunk has nominated me for my very first blog award, the Liebster. What a darling thing to do. Thank you so much. To think, all this drinking and cursing is starting to pay off! The first thing I’m going to do with my winnings is… oh, wait a minute, just reading this thing fully. So, there’s no big cash prize? Just the prestige then? Alright, well, glad we got that sorted out. On with the show!
The Liebster award is a recognition given to small bloggers by other small bloggers (max 200 followers), and the rule for the awards are:
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
That’s easy enough. Thank you again to my friend at ThinkJunk
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag back thingy’s. (Which I assume means that the people I nominate can’t just re-nominate me?)
Part of the process is to share with you even more zany facts about myself by answering the questions that Littlejenmo so thoughtfully posed. Here goes nothing:
- What was your first ever blog post about?
It was an introduction of myself to the inter webs and a mission statement. Some boring bit about why I started blogging.
- Where did you get your name?
My friends call me Smash, not because I’m graceful. I’ve been smashing through my life since day one. Seemed like it might be Kismet?
- Who does your hair?
The rats in my apartment. They gnaw a real nice ‘do.
- What is the worst thing you’ve ever smelled?
Someone put their B.O. riddled armpit in my face during rush hour on the subway once. Doesn’t get much worse than that.
- What do your dreams look like?
If they were ever made public, they’d look a lot like I’m about to get fired for sexual harassment…
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever purchased online?
A poster of Dave Grohl giving the finger. Which was displayed proudly on my bedroom wall for several formative years.
- Who gets to see you cry?
“There’s no crying in baseball!” And now you know about a movie I saw once.
- What is your guilty pleasure?
Currently, belting out Huey Lewis & The News songs at the top of my lungs when nobody is home and dancing as if I were a Frankenstein. Although it changes everyday. My life is rife with guilty pleasures.
- Who gave you your first kiss?
For the sake of protecting the identities of everyone who is involved in this sorry tale, let’s just call him “Teddy Ruxpin” and leave it at that.
- What is in your pockets right now?
This seems like a question better suited to someone actually wearing pants, or perhaps with pockets in their underwear.
- What’s one thing you can’t live without?
My own witty quips at the expense of others, ha ha ha! So droll. But seriously, it’s laughter. I can’t live in a world without laughter. Or Super Big Gulps from the 7-11.
The blogs that I have chosen to nominate are:
- Travels for Two
- The Dark Geek Rises
- The Merry Bride
- Auston Habershaw
- The Very Single Girl
- Sparkyleegeek’s Blog
- Hottywood Helps
- Batman To Be
- Finding the Funi
- 139 Hobbies
And now for the grilling of your lifetime. Here are the questions I have carefully crafted for my nominees:
- How do you take your eggs?
- What is the best concert you ever went to?
- What’s hiding under your bed right now?
- Worst book you ever read, maybe you couldn’t even finish it. What was it?
- How do you like your pizza topped?
- What’s the most outrageous thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Would you or do you go to the movies alone?
- When was the last time you got so drunk you couldn’t remember anything the next morning?
- Something that makes you smile, every single time you think of it. What is it?
- What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
Well, there you have it folks. My magnanimous acceptance of the Liebster Award. Thank you ever so kindly Littlejenmo. It’s been a slice!